MediaMath's mission is to help innovative marketers delight their customers and drive real business outcomes. Over 9,500 marketers in 42 countries use our enterprise solution to reach the right user with the right message for the right price, wherever they are. These are the leading brands and agencies in the world who rely on MediaMath to provide technology, services and leadership to help them continue to transform their marketing practices and compete in a quickly changing industry. Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in "programmatic" advertising, MediaMath has been recognized as a leader in the space in four independent evaluations over the last two years. MediaMath has offices in 16 cities worldwide and is headquartered in New York City.
Our digital advertising platform leverages massive amounts of data using AI and machine learning principles, enabling the quickest and most intelligent online ad space bidding in real time, 24/7. We leverage both public cloud and eight managed data centers around the world to maximize the return on every marketing dollar spent by our customers.
This role sits within our Common Technology Services (CTS) team who work up and down the stack. This team uses best in class technology to develop low-latency, high-volume, secure, reliable, and scalable services. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will architect and own one or more of the CTS team's core big data services utilized by other MediaMath engineering departments.
* Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications in Golang (Go)
* Act as technical lead for and own applications/services which are managed by our team
* Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design
* Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements
* Develop and maintain thorough understanding of products and infrastructure; become subject matter expert
* Collaborative on feature-based development, code reviews, and releases
* Contribute to resource planning and continual process improvements
* Mentor your peer software engineers
* Ensure that applications/services adhere to quality, security, and resiliency standards, raising the bar when possible
* BS/MS/PhD in computer science, or another STEM field paired with strong computer science fundamentals
* 7+ years of experience in software engineering, or demonstrated equivalent experience and knowledge, writing bulletproof Golang, Java, and/or C++
* Experience with large databases and/or streaming data, such as Postgres, My/SQL, Kafka
* Experience with on prem and cloud (AWS) computing
* Prior experience as a technical lead of a SaaS system
* Ability to scale, troubleshoot, and fix applications/services
* Public GitHub repos with plenty of goodies that other software engineers will love
* Someone who contributes to the open source software community
* Passionate about technology and continuously hone your craft
* A technologist, problem solver, and team player
* A great communicator with and influencer
* Hungry to learn and spread knowledge by teaching others
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let's face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.
MediaMath is a company which provides a demand-side platform (DSP) offering cross exchange advertising management services.