Billions of events. Millions of websites. One platform.
Squarespace has access to incredibly rich data sources of both content creation and user behavior. We're looking for creative people with analytical minds and machine learning expertise to transform these datasets into a better experiences. We are looking for leaders who are hands-on - both regarding writing Python, designing machine learning models, and contributing to user experience discussions, and who also want to contribute by mentoring engineers on the team. Machine learning engineers work with our incredibly rich data sources-of both content creation and user behavior-to craft a better experience for our users.
* Design and implement machine learning solutions for Squarespace involving recommendation systems, representation learning, natural language processing, and computer vision.
* Work on creating and growing our machine learning platforms and services to large datasets and new applications for Squarespace's products.
* Pick up new languages and technologies as needed. We currently use Python3, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Keras, Spark, Docker, Hadoop, and Kubernetes, among others
* Collaborate with teams across the organization both technically and functionally to help promote machine learning.
* Commitment to continuous improvement, evaluation, and automation of tasks to maintain a high standard of quality.
* Translate complex product and user problems/needs into elegant software solutions.
* M.Sc. or higher in Computer Science with a focus in Machine Learning or related field preferred
* Research or advanced experience with a combination of natural language processing, computer vision, recommendation systems and user behavior
* Experience implementing machine learning systems in production at scale in Python or similar (not just R or Matlab)
* Can recognize and implement machine learning applications with a high value to the business
* 3+ years of experience with a large-scale data processing tools such as Apache Spark or Hadoop
* Passionate about data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
* Creative with new challenges and prototyping
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
* Health insurance with 100% premium covered
* Flexible vacation & paid time off
* Equity plan
* 401(k) plan with employer match
* Free lunch and snacks
* Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace is a SaaS-based Content Management System offering a website builder, blogging platform and hosting service.