Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Req #: 190061356
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
We are looking for data developers who are independent, inventive problem solvers willing to embrace every opportunity to learn and grow as software professionals. Individuals with a strong computer science or related engineering background, who enjoy pair programming, recognize the value of end to end testing, and are willing to learn new technologies and languages. Most importantly, we look for individuals that have a passion for learning, continuous improvement, and team collaboration.
* Responsible for the design, development, testing, integration, operation and support of infrastructure services that meet stated business requirements and adhere to coding best practices and architecture standards
* Responsible for building quality software using Python or Java, PySpark, and Hadoop on ML/Data Science based applications.
* Works as a team lead or technical lead or technical coach to members of a team developing software solutions
* Ability to handle more advanced technical problems and create solutions that solve business problems
* Independently solves technical issues and able to collaborate and contribute ideas.
* Integrates enterprise components (e.g., reference data, security, messaging) to build larger systems
* Fully analyzes problems, design, develop and test the code
* Collaborates with multiple teams including engineering, development and operations teams
* Provides balanced decisions in technical design and architecture
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Expertise in programming with Python or Java, PySpark, and Hadoop on ML/Data Science based applications.
* Delivered at least one Machine learning application in production.
* Experience with NoSQL data stores such as a Cassandra a strong plus
* Ability to read and write scalable codes.
* Proficient in implementing data structures and algorithms efficiently
* Experience in distributed programming
* Higher level knowledge of machine learning concepts
* Adaptability with new generation Big data tools like Kafka, Spark, Hadoop.
* Experience in end-to-end systems automation and orchestration
* Experience in Systems and Application monitoring systems and instrumentation
* Deep experience in messaging systems, such as MQ. Kafka experience a strong plus
* Strong computer science fundamentals
* A passion for building software, and a long term career, as a software technologist
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.