As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our Cybersource Payments team to help design, enhance and build our transactional processing system in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues who will support and challenge you daily. You will be part of teams tasked with multiple projects building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. We believe in self managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base including Facebook, Nike, FedEx, Apple to name a few. As part of this organization , you will get an opportunity to work on a highly scalable system which processes around 400 tps 24/7.
Some of Your Key Responsibilities
Our engineers do more than just write code:
* You'll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs.
* You'll use technologies that include Java, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more.
* You will analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution.
* You'll leverage on new technologies to build the next generation of Risk Services
* You'll develop and deliver new features every few days and be responsible for them end-end
* You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems
* Your DNA includes a passion for ingenuity, engineering excellence, and following/creating software best practices and processes.
* You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and at least 3-5 years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with at least 0-3 years of Software Development Experience.
* You are a Java, Java EE expert with relevant experience designing and building large scale enterprise Java applications.
* You have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
* You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven,Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar, Junit.
* We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions and improvements.
* While you'll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you're able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.