In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and an essential driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll work with both our technology while building creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and provide player value.
The mission of the New Content & Distribution (NCD) team is to empower League of Legends players to own their game experience. We build the in-client store, loot and game flows that help players unlock their favorite champions, skins, emotes and more. NCD is a diverse team and we are looking for passionate people to level-up our team. Our crew is made up of artists, designers, engineers, product managers, delivery managers, QA analysts, and data scientists from multiple backgrounds. Our tech spans from 2D/3D artist tools and game engine development, to UI and microservices that scale to handle hundreds of millions of players around the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll contribute to the following essential areas depending on your interests and experience:
* Develop UI on the League Client
* Design and enhance League microservices
* Lead architecture requirements and design
* Write unit and integration tests
* Code reviews
* Enhance build and deployment tooling
* Improve product visibility through monitoring and alerting
In time, you'll provide mentorship to other engineers, create and develop documentation for ongoing support, and participate in an on-call rotation to provide support and maintain high availability for our products.
* 8+ years experience as a full-stack software engineer with at least two years of this time spent as a technical lead in web-based UI and/or microservice development is required.
* 6+ years experience in web-based UI or microservice development is required. Ideal candidates will have at least 3 years in both focus areas.
* Experience designing and launching new web-based UI and/or microservices.
* Experience maintaining and supporting production UI and/or microservices with large user-bases and/or that exist as components of larger, more complex applications.
* Experience implementing best-practices in software design, code reviews, code linting and analysis, automated testing, continuous integration.
* Expertise in operational best-practices, implementing automated builds, software packaging, automated deployments, logging, monitoring, automated-alerting
* Experience mentoring engineers in CS fundamentals, programming skills, software engineering, technical writing, scoping, planning and prioritization.
* Experience working in diverse teams of 10 or more people.
* Experience creating technical design and operational documentation
* Experience speaking and presenting to groups.
* Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
* Open paid time off
* Retirement benefits with company matching
* Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
* Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
* We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profts
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.