About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we've been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that's a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners' food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly.We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what's your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You'll Tackle
Some Challenges You'll Tackle:
* Design, implement, and deliver awesome technical platforms and products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, internal tools)
* Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
* Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
* Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for GrubHub.com diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders
* Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
* You will be a key part in accurately estimating the timing of software delivery
You Should Have
You Should Have:
* Expert understanding of Java
* Knowledge of Spring / Spring MVC Framworks
* An understanding of Cassandra and NoSQL Databases
* Understanding of unit testing and version control
* Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
* Willingness to understand larger business context
* Desire to work in a fast paced, tech and product oriented company
* If you are based in a city outside of Chicago, feel free to apply! Relocation may be possible for an ideal candidate!
And Of Course Perks!:
* Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
* Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
* Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
* Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
GrubHub provides an online and mobile platform for restaurant pick-up and delivery orders.