Do you enjoy working with smart people to solve fascinating problems involving complex data platforms and recommendation systems in a modern, reactive Java stack? Do you take pride in coming up with elegant, readable, and maintainable code? Do you enjoy understanding an entire business, and how your contribution makes customers happier?
If you do, come help us bring people closer to the content that matters to them most!
To do so, we collect and analyze billions of events per month. We leverage AWS, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Docker, Datadog, and other technologies in order to build a reliable and scalable platform, and we need someone with strong Java, data, and systems skills to help us expand and maintain the platform.
Ultimately, we are looking for curious and adaptable people who deliver results and think critically. It would also help if you have a good sense of humor and happen to be a champion ping pong player.
We are a small, venture funded startup that solves a critical problem for prominent brands that leverage content marketing. We offer flexible work arrangements and excellent benefits. We are located in Austin, TX.
"Let's meet" skills
* Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 5 or more years of professional Java experience
* Comfortable and open to pair programming
* Demonstrated ability to produce reliable and maintainable systems
* Experience with Java 8 and above
* Experience with continuous integration and deployment
"Can we hire you yesterday" skills
* Experience with modern Java stacks (Ratpack, Spock, Gradle)
* Experience reactive and event driven systems (RxJava, Resilience4J)
* Experience with Elasticsearch
* Experience with streaming systems (Kafka Streams, Apache Spark)
* Experience in content marketing
* Knowledge of recommender systems
* Flexible work arrangements
* Flexible vacation policy
* Good work-life balance
* Free snacks & drinks
* Catered Friday lunch
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
OneSpot provides Publishing-as-a-Service, a platform that aggregates, filters and prioritizes third party content for publishers.