ipsy is an innovative fast-growing beauty company headquartered in San Mateo, CA. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. This person would have a choice of interesting projects to work on such as consumer web development, web and API development infrastructure, eCommerce infrastructure, big data, analytics, mobile development, and more. You will also work on cutting edge technologies including Spark, Spring Boot, AWS Lambda, AWS Kinesis, and more. The ideal candidate is hands-on and thrives in a fluid, high-performance, entrepreneurial environment with a passion for learning and innovating.
* Know Java and at least one other programming language really well.
* At least 8 years of relevant work experience.
* Have a deep understanding of web application development and architecture.
* Have a deep understanding of service oriented architecture and microservices.
* Be comfortable with complex service design and integration.
* Be comfortable with databases including schema design, queries, performance.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
* Experience with eCommerce platforms, shopping carts, payment gateways.
* Mobile development experience.
* Big data and analytics experience.
* Experience with Spring, Grails, Rails, or other application frameworks.
* Experience scaling large web applications.
* Experience with serverless architectures.
* Experience with AWS.
ipsy was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That's how the ipsy Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you-plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com-you're free to try new things and express who you are. ipsy Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with ipsy Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we're just getting started.
ipsy is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day-fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.
Take a look at careers.ipsy.com for some exciting opportunities to join our team. And check us out at ipsy.com, @ipsyofficial on Snapchat, and @ipsy on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
Ipsy is a provider of a social networking service that allows users to share their personal beauty ideas and products with others and enables users to get beauty tips from stylists.