Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
You will join a fantastic team of software engineers who are responsible for scaling out iRobot's connected products solution to support millions of robots on Amazon Web Services. This team is also responsible for developing iRobot's Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT integration offerings. You will design, enhance, mature, and support iRobot's cloud IoT solutions. These solutions are the foundation for key services and capabilities supporting iRobot's connected products roadmap.
Essential Functions/Job Duties
* Design, development and configuration of software components and services with serverless design patterns using Python and AWS Lambda, API Gateway and IoT Managed Services
* Adopt and enhance agile scrum development practices and continuous delivery principles to support growing portfolio of connected robots.
* Experience designing and building commercial cloud services with a strong emphasis on scalability, availability and reliability
* 2+ years of primary Python experience a must with 5+ years of software development with object-oriented languages using SOA principles. Go language experience a plus.
* Highly collaborative, excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong desire for continuous improvement
* Experience with foundational cloud services for storage, computation, event processing, messaging, data processing, and analytics with a high preference for Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Extensive knowledge about APIs, RESTful services
* Knowledge of NoSQL solutions (AWS Dynamo DB, Cassandra, MongoDB, Azure Tablestorage, etc) and unstructured data processing are highly desirable
* Solid experience of JSON, YAML and related notational data representations
* Strong familiarity with PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS technologies
* Master's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline
iRobot is an American technology company that designs and builds behavior-based AI robots.