HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com and watch our latest video HID Global Video.
Crossmatch helps organizations solve their identity management challenges through biometrics. Our enrollment and multi-factor authentication solutions are trusted to create, validate and manage identities for a wide range of government, law enforcement, financial institution, retail and commercial applications. We offer an experienced professional services team to assist customers with individual challenges.
The primary responsibility of this role will be the ongoing design, development and maintenance of one of our core SDK product lines. In this key development position, you will have responsibility for innovating code designs and solutions that provide both modularization and scalability of development. This is a highly visible role requiring the ability to effectively deliver high quality code that meets feature and schedule goals. You will work closely with our software and firmware development and test engineering teams to release world-class products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned:
* Participate in the review and analysis of existing software and identify and correct system architecture design issues
* Define and document code designs that meet industry/product specifications and high quality standards
* Develop highly stable, scalable and well documented software code; this includes unit and integration testing
* Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management in the technical assessment of proposed features and product concepts
* Troubleshoot and correct issues identified by QA testing (ALPHA, BETA, product release)
* Provide sustaining engineering for all released software products
* Champion continuous product improvement and innovation
* Effectively scope the work and estimate the timelines
* Actively support the organization's efforts to obtain product certifications and meet biometric industry standards
* As requested, provide critical analysis and assessment of 3rd party products/technologies
* Demonstrated expertise in C, C++, Objective-C, Java and Swift development for iOS and Android platforms.
* Strong knowledge in threading, resource management and overall OS architecture.
* Strong knowledge of software development tools, techniques and debugging tools on iOS and Android.
* Familiar with wrappers like JNI, Bridging headers (Objective-C to Swift).
* Familiar with Apple MFi certification process.
* Experienced in cross platform software development.
* Experienced with software development kits, tools and IDE's like XCode and Android Studio
* Experienced in developing mobile Applications and publishing them in Appstore and Google play store.
* Device driver development experience or hardware SDK development experience for USB/Bluetooth devices.
* Familiarity in developing software for Windows and Linux is a plus.
* A passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code.
Nice to have:
* Device driver development experience or hardware SDK development experience.
* Experience with fingerprint recognition or other biometric products
* Familiarity with USB 2.0 and 3.0 protocol
* Proficient in English
Education and/or Experience:
* 8 years of demonstrated expertise in C/C++ software development on iOS and Android.
* BSEE or BSCS or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience with software development lifecycle from design to production, with emphasis on maintainability
* Experience in an Agile development environment
* Exceptional debugging and problem-solving skills; highly analytical
* Effective communication skills
* Flexible and team player
* Innovative thinker and problem solver
* Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
* Independent, proactive and self-driven with a can-do attitude
* Some travel required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the aforementioned job duties, the employee mainly works in an office setting; that is relatively quiet and has temperature control systems.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at email@example.com, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please copy and paste the link below to your web browser;