Come join the Finance Applications Compliance & Technology Billing Engineering team as a Senior Software Engineer. You'll be part of a team developing innovative, highly available, scalable, and secure billing services using the latest technologies including cloud technologies like AWS. Our services are critical for Intuit's growth and is extensively used by QuickBooks Online. But it's not just about the challenge in developing fantastic services, it's also about being on great teams working hard and having fun in delivering them. We consider our people as the most important asset - we take the growth of our engineers seriously.
The ideal candidate will have a strong educational background, great understanding of design pattern, and strong desire in working with technology. The engineer will be directly responsible for design, development, testing, maintenance, and documentation of high quality software components.
* Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
* Designing/developing web, software, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC's)
* Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
* Roughly 70-85% hands-on coding
* Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
* Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
* Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
* Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
* 6+ years experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
* BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
* Strong experience with Java, Spring Boot
* Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* 2+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP
* Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process
* Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
* Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale, web applications
* Experience with developing on AWS
* Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications
* Always Be Learning: Experience with open source technologies (if no practical work experience w/ Big Data, or cutting edge front-end technology-you're prototyping and/or researching the up and coming technology and solutions
* Experience with various, modern web frameworks
Intuit is a company that provides business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers, and accounting professionals.