Quickbooks Payments platform one of Intuit's fastest growing business units, is looking for Sr. Software Engineers to design and develop innovative payments products and platform. If you are passionate about building world-class payments platform to delight customers, this is the opportunity for you! In this role, your responsibilities will include the following:You will be directly responsible for the design and implementation of one or more subsystems within our payments platform. You will need to effectively collaborate with and influence other engineers, architects, and managers to solve complex problems. Comfortably move between understanding customer needs and solving customer problems through modifications of various levels of technical designs, implementation and testing. You will be involved in delivering functionality for requirements, high-level designs, influencing significant portions of the architecture, detailed designs and code implementation of features and supporting process improvement initiatives.
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent work-related experience
* 5+ year's experience developing large service based OLTP applications with high volume and high-reliability requirements.
* Strong understanding of system capacity, system performance, and system security needs.
* Experience with WebServices including RESTFul WebServices using CXF and/or other frameworks
* Significant exposure in using Spring Framework for dependency injection, POJO service enablement, transaction management
* Experience in using Hibernate 3.x for Object Relational Mapping (ORM)
* Strong experience with Object Orientated design and programming
* Knowledge and experience with Java/JEE design patterns
* Significant experience with service-orientated architectures, relational database object persistence, middleware, and enterprise specifications for common business objects Experience with JMS preferred.
* Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices
* Ability to comfortably move across high-level technical design, detailed technical design, implementation, and operational support
* Ability to use seasoned judgment to suggest approaches that optimize among customer needs, business constraints and technological realities
* Ability to apply business acumen to develop ROI of investment in new technology, including the assessment of risks and trade-offs
* Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation
* Enjoy working in a team environment
Desirable Skills and Experiences:
* Server experience with JEE application server, preferably JBoss Application Server (particularly clustered) and Tomcat
* Experience with business rules engines such as drools
* Experience with Relational Database Management Systems, preferably Oracle
* Experience with Unix/Linux OS
* Experience with Maven, Continuous integration, builds and deployment (Continuum)
* Experience in financial services industry, or similar, with focus on payment processing.
Intuit provides business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.