We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer join and help mentor a high output scrum team in our NYC office. You will work with a small but fast moving team that is both heavily involved in product feature development and improving the infrastructure around it. This is an opportunity to work on a small agile team within a large established company.
A great candidate will care deeply about:
* Mentoring junior engineers to help them achieve their goals and become more effective members of the team
* Building and nurturing team cohesion
* Finding the right balance between quality and speed
* Writing clean maintainable code
* Test Driven Development
* Agility and pragmatism
* Mentorship / apprenticeship
A great candidate will be able to:
* Work in a cross functional team
* Collaborate with larger org on major projects
* Communicate technical details in concise simple language
* Create quality documentation
* Build high quality and high performance software
* Make appropriate tradeoffs to deliver quality software on time
* Deploy and monitor large scale web apps
* Build on a microservices architecture
* Lead a highly effective scrum team
* Learn to new technologies
* Develop full stack
Our Tech Stack:
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success - all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
About Internet Brands
Internet Brands is an Internet media company that operates online media, community, and e-commerce sites in vertical markets.