Shutterstock is looking for a highly-motivated software engineer to join our New York City full-stack product team. You will be working with talented engineers with quality, performance and scale in mind at every step of the development lifecycle. Customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of our products to prioritization of projects.
Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of the services to prioritization of projects.
* Lead development of key back-end data services, API layers, and front-end applications in the Shutterstock ecosystem
* Implement, maintain, optimize, and plan improvements for our existing systems
* Emphasize user experience while maintaining technical integrity
* Contribute to and help shape the strategic technology vision for collaborative solutions
* Collaborate with and mentor our diverse team and maintain a high level of technical excellence across the board while balancing business needs
* 5-7 years of professional software development experience
* Expert in building full-stack applications (systems configuration, data access layers, applications interfaces, and user-facing views)
* Exceptional software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, OOD and systems architecture)
* Strong proficiency in RDBMS and understanding of non-relational database solutions
* Comfortable operating within *nix environments
* Able to work independently and collaboratively within the team and wider organization
* Self-starter with the ability to manage and navigate ambiguity
* Strong communication and organization skills
* Experience building and designing scalable data services as well as GraphQL and/or REST API's
* Experience with building concurrent and distributed systems in a microservices architecture
* Experience with Node.js, React, or SQL
* Experience with CI & deployment pipelines
* Basic understanding of DevOps and Unix systems
* Familiarity with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes (or other containerization technologies)
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Shutterstock is a stock photography agency providing photographs, illustrations, vectors, videos and music to businesses and individuals.