Intent isn't your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at Intent is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality, and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas, and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators, valuing and rewarding shared success over individual heroics.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Intent, you'll code and innovate on products that are changing the e-commerce industry. Our engineering teams help the world's leading travel companies to serve tens of millions of ads every day around the world. These ads provide an exceptional user experience to help shoppers find and compare prices, while simultaneously increasing brand profitability.
In our engineering work, we balance cutting-edge technologies with industry-proven practices. Across our projects, you will see a variety of languages, libraries, and databases. Our agile way of working is founded on many years of experience; you will be working with accomplished innovators in the software community. We deploy often and pride ourselves on own the process of building software end-to-end. This means we are involved in brainstorming, design, development, deployment, and monitoring as much as we want to be.
What You Will Do:
We believe that engineers are most effective when they are involved in the whole lifecycle of software development: conceiving new features designing and coding the change, testing, deploying, and support. Don't worry if you don't know how to do everything at first - you'll learn the essentials through mob & pair programming with experienced engineers on your team.
* Building tools and apps to streamline partner management and support Intent's high growth pace
* Supporting critical partners with cutting-edge UX experiments
* Ideating and brainstorming with product and an embedded UX team
* Collaboratively planning and designing thoughtful web application architecture
* Building for clarity and maintainability with flexible tests
* Running queries to monitor and ensure the efficacy of your code
* Building cross-functionally with other highly-specialized teams through collaborative practices like pair-programming and mobbing.
Intent is looking for bright and ambitious software engineers to bring expertise and fresh perspective to our family of thoroughly awesome humans and dogs.
* You have 3+ years of relevant experience
* You have opinions and demonstrated best practices with Vue.js
* You are curious and hungry for new knowledge
* You are a teacher, team player, and thrive while collaborating and sharing your knowledge
* You enjoy writing and relying on and automated tests
* You will be at home in a fast-paced iterative development practice
* You have the flexibility to work on all aspects of delivering working software: brainstorming, designing, coding, testing, deploying, monitoring and analyzing
* You take your work seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously
Other things we'd love to see in an ideal candidate:
* You have experience working with Chrome extensions
* Build tools don't scare you
* You have a passion for CSS / CSS preprocessors and promote best practices for presentational languages
* You enjoy analyzing and delving into data
* You have experience with, or interest in, any of the following: continuous integration / deployment, Java, NodeJS, or other server-side languages, SQL or other databases, UX design, Avro, AWS cloud platform (ECS, AWS Lambda, Kinesis, API Gateway, etc.)
Intent is the data science company for the world's leading online commerce and travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time and identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intent's real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility and ROI.
Our team is over 100 people and our offices span globally. We're headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, we're inspired by two pursuits. First, we're building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we're building the company we've always wanted to work for - one that's open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We're included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain's 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don't take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels - ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
* Flexible paid time off
* A generous parental leave policy
* A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
* An open environment with lots of natural light
* Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
* Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
* Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
* Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!
Intent is a company that provides predictive intelligence platform for online travel and commerce brands.