Twitch has over 100 million users, and the Video Infra team is responsible for building infra services and tools to help scale and manage the infrastructure that powers Twitch's video. We're building a number of features to make Twitch the most compelling destination for video.
We're looking for engineers that love delighting people with incredible products and user experiences. On the infra team, you'll work closely with our other engineering and product teams to craft engaging systems collect feedback, and iterate quickly. We value expertise in distributed systems, microservices and Devops on AWS. We are working on building an even more robust video system to scale twitch to the next level .
* Collaborate with other teams and engineers to design new features and services
* Develop APIs that will power these features for both internal and external customers
* Create, test, and document services and their operational processes
* Implement experiments and collect data with our data scientists to drive subsequent iterations on these features
* Identify and uphold engineering best practices
* Help our support team triage bugs, respond to user feedback, and fix production issues
* Participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
* Experience leading engineering teams and setting technical direction
* 4+ years of experience building web services or applications at scale
* Experience working in a service-oriented or microservices architectures
* Proficient coder in one or more of the following: Go, Python, Ruby, C, C++, Java, Scala
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems
* Contributions to open source software projects- send us a link to your contributions
* You've built APIs/interfaces that other programmers love to use
* Hands on experience building services using Amazon Web Services
* Avid user of Twitch or passion for video games
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.