Zendesk is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to join the Sunshine development teams.
Created in 2018, Sunshine is a Zendesk engineering group tasked with developing Zendesk's new CRM Platform. As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for collaborating with these teams and contribute to the existing tests, as well as drive the creation of the tests by following best practices and using state of the art software to improve our automation. Your knowledge and experience of automated testing will be a critical addition to the organization!
Attributes we're looking for:
We are on a team together, and we will succeed or fail together. We are looking for people who work well as a team, and have empathy for each other, our peers at Zendesk, and most importantly our customers.
We are a team. We are vulnerable with each other. We keep each other grounded and joke around a bunch, but we also ensure that we keep the conversation honest and open so that when something looks off or is headed in the wrong direction you won't hesitate to speak up.
Failing is part of growing and experimenting. Push the boundaries and you may fall flat on your face. But if you can't see the rainbows through the failure foliage, you'll struggle much more than you need to.
We use our team's values of humility and honesty to guide us as we communicate. Code reviews are a learning experience for everybody. In order for our team to succeed we will need to build trust and empathy across the global Zendesk Engineering organization.
Who you get to work with:
You will be working with a number of teams in the Sunshine group, both here in San Francisco, as well as our teams in Melbourne (Australia). We're building out a test engineering Sunshine organization in Melbourne as well, so you will likely collaborate with your Australian counterpart.
You'll be working with a group of people who care about their teams, the stuff they work on, and helping Sunshine (and Zendesk) excel.
Your manager, Trav, started as an engineer in the Melbourne office in 2013. He is there to provide guidance, feedback, and support. He believes in openness and transparency, empowering you to work independently, working with you to identify areas of interest and growth options, and creating opportunities for you to succeed.
What you get to do:
* Be a part of a larger team that is building a product from the ground up that will impact the entire Zendesk product suite
* Work side by side with the different teams to expand our automated test suites and testing frameworks
* Share your knowledge of automated testing with your coworkers
* Highlight and detail any risks and assumptions identified by the developers
* Champion best practices, high quality code, and appropriate test coverage. We ship code frequently and fast, but stability and reliability must never be compromised.
* You should have some of these skills:
* Experience as a Senior Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer in Test.
* Experience developing test frameworks with open-source automation tools such as Selenium, Golang Test, RSpec, PyTest, etc., and/or platforms such as Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI, etc..
* Experience with automated testing of large, scalable Web applications, using modern Web application frameworks and methodologies. We are looking for people who have experience using Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline that's integrated with test runners.
* Experience working in an agile development environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
* Experience with Ruby.
* This is a broad list of skills to give you an idea of whom we are looking for. We don't expect one person to have all of these skills. If the role interests you then please apply!
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk's use of your personal information.
Zendesk is a company developing a customer support ticketing system and service software.