Advanced software technologies are critical to Raytheon's Space and Airborne Systems' strategic business areas. Our Space Programs lead the industry in demonstrating the speed and agility required for next generation responsive space missions. A qualified candidate for the Space Programs will have a complete understanding and wide application of technical theories, and concepts associated with software development and design for Object Oriented and real-time embedded systems. Primary responsibilities include software development of command, control, and telemetry of various space-based sensors and control mechanisms, and unit and module software test activities. Additional responsibilities include assisting with full life-cycle responsibilities from design to sell-off; including, but not limited to documentation, test, and report writing.
The candidate must be a self-starter, have the ability to work independently, and the ability to manage personal workload to meet assigned deadlines. The candidate should have experience successfully working in a collaborative environment. The candidate will be involved with the planning, conduct, and coordination of software designs, software architecture, development, test, and documentation.
* 6+ years of related technical individual contributor experience in large team software engineering development.
* BS degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field.
* Experience in Object Oriented Embedded C/C++.
* Experience with Embedded Software Development/Real Time Processing.
* Experience in full life-cycle software development, implementation, design and overall architecture.
* Expertise writing Preliminary and Critical design documentation.
* Experience with software test activities and planning.
* Experience presenting to and interfacing with internal customers.
* Understanding of software development best practices and processes.
* Current & Active DoD Secret Clearance on start.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* MS degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field.
* Experience with Model Based Software Development.
* Experience with software implementation of timing and controls.
* Experience with Build in Test (BIT) implementation
* Experience with Configuration Management tools.
* Experience with automated test tools, techniques, and practices.
* Experience with tools such as RHAPSODY.
* Experience with Agile-Scrum methodology.
* Knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools
143988BR 143988 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.