The AI and Advanced Architectures team in Redmond, WA and Raleigh, NC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer. We are a highly capable and motivated cross-disciplinary team responsible for delivering cutting-edge, high performance, custom SoC designs to meet the computing needs of Microsoft. Our team is involved in numerous projects ranging from traditional computing solutions to the control plane for Quantum Computing. We are seeking highly skilled individuals comfortable with working in diverse, multi-site teams in a collaborative environment.
* 5+ years of industry experience
* BS or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or related fields
* 8+ years' experience with C/C++
* 8+ years of industry experience along with a M.S. or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or related fields
* Strong intellectual curiosity and passion about learning new technologies
* Knowledgeable in computer arithmetic, processor and accelerator architecture, or compiler design
* Great cross-team collaboration skills and the desire to collaborate in a team of researchers and developers
* Strong communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Analysis and evaluation of proposed software designs and architectures.
* Software engineering and design in C/C++.
* Performance analysis of complex systems, design and implementation performance optimizations.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.