The Azure Platform Infrastructure Engineering Organization was formed in late summer of 2017 and is a swiftly growing organization. The group's vision is to make it easy for everyone to create, consume, and manage planetary-scale, reliable cloud production services and infrastructure to achieve more. As a team, we bring together significant and complementary capabilities with tooling, infrastructure, monitoring and insights in new ways to increase our perspective. Our diversity of knowledge and experience comes together for the benefit of our users, our colleagues, our business, and ourselves.
Are you passionate about cloud computing and building services from the ground up using cutting-edge technologies? If so, we have your next position! As Azure continues its rapid expansion, the focus for our team is to build a new real-time service that will guide Azure customers.
* 5+ years of hands-on coding experience shipping products across multiple product cycles
* Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms
* Prior experience working on C# or building applications on Service Fabric
* Solid design and coding skills with a bias for architecture at scale
* Experience in creating, developing, delivering, deploying, maintaining online services
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Interview Day at our Redmond campus on Friday, June 21st, 2019. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work
This position is for someone who is:
* Passionate about distributed systems and building high scale services
* Likes to work in an agile development team that iterates rapidly (at least weekly deployments)
* Loves new technological challenges and excels at solving them
* Passionate about making better software and continuously improving the development process
In this position, you will be actively contributing to building the next generation pipeline for processing, storing and analyzing logs for first-party and third-party customers. The system will provide a rich query language for data transformation and an efficient and scalable system for downstream consumers to subscribe to interesting events.
The team is agile with everyone in the team sharing the fundamental belief of iterating rapidly to meet customer demands with each service deploying at least once a week. As a member of our team, you will participate in all stages of our engineering lifecycle - from initial research and discovery, quick iteration on promising concepts, solution prototyping, and development, all the way through successful service rollout and LiveSite support. Developers in the team have the opportunity to wear multiple hats and demonstrate breadth, depth, and leadership.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.