We're the driverless car company. We're building the world's best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We're hiring people who want to solve some of today's most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
Our Simulation team is responsible for building all of the tools we need to test and validate our autonomous vehicles performance and behavior before they go out on the road. We are looking for Software Engineers (at all levels) to build reliable, sophisticated HIL simulation tools and frameworks for autonomous vehicle software development, benchmarking, and testing. This is a small, growing team that will work with many other groups in engineering, including teams working on custom drivers and FW for our various sensors.
* Work closely with our Engineering, HW Integration and AV Platform teams to deliver key simulation functionality for testing and development of Autonomous Vehicles
* Develop and maintain hardware drivers in Python
* Develop, maintain and document test APIs corresponding to hardware devices
* Develop testing API for use by domain experts
* Participate in collaborative design of the overall HIL system
* Assist in integration of HIL tests into embedded CI workflow
* Ability to write and document clear Python code
* Experience with API development
* Experience with Linux development
* Ability to train and support others for optimal and correct use of the frameworks and APIs we develop
* Working with hardware with embedded software
* Development of embedded software in C or C++
* Strong knowledge of networking protocols - the deeper the better (e.g., router firmware)
* Familiarity with unit testing frameworks, esp. Pytest
* Familiarity with CI/CD systems
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
About Cruise Automation
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.