* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent area; advanced degree a plus
* 7-10+ years of experience of Java/J2EE software development experience
* 2-4+ years using big data processing technologies such as Spark, Pig, Hive, and Kafka
* 2+ years of experience building native cloud solutions in either AWS, GCP or Azure
* Hands on experience with APIs and microservices
* Hands on experience with XML/JSON and developing REST Services
* Hands on experience with Hadoop and data in various forms (e.g., data warehouses/relational SQL, NoSQL, unstructured data environments, timeseries databases, graph databases)
* Strong experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
* Strong experience building and leveraging container based technologies (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes)
* Experience writing and executing unit tests, automated test frameworks
* Multiple years of experience delivery solutions through an Agile delivery methodology
* Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems
* Able to work under competing priorities, manage expectations effectively and support the team under pressure
* Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development
* Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
* Travel expectation: less than 10%
* Healthcare domain knowledge not required, but interest in healthcare appreciated
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in Chicago, IL, but collaborate with our Healthcare Analytics teams in other technology hubs in New York, NY, and San Jose, Costa Rica.
Our Healthcare Analytics group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer, and other data. The team consists of 100 dedicated experts and 250 affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical, and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver, and operate advanced analytic tools to help healthcare clients around the world.
What You'll Do
You will be a trusted technical expert within the engineering group, partnering with cross-functional team members to design, develop, and maintain software applications and data services for our Healthcare Analytics team.
Bring forward your development expertise and join a team that is tasked with building out analytical products that help our clients transform healthcare across the world.
In this role you will be tasked with helping modernize and re-invent our technology stack to enable our products to be market leading solutions. By leveraging current engineering frameworks and best practices, you will by design and develop core data frameworks that will be leveraged by data engineers and team members.
You will be a key contributor to the technology roadmap of the group, bringing forward not just the technology stack, but also contributing to improvements in our software development processes as well as engineering skills. You will contribute code and participate in code reviews, and you will break down user stories into technical tasks and requirements. You'll also identify, communicate, and escalate risks when appropriate.
In order to be successful, you will be an active learner, identifying and evaluating new tools and technologies to meet requirements. It is expected that your voice and opinion be heard and expressed. We have an environment that thrives on the fact that people's experiences and skill set variation create better solutions.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.