The Cloud Server Infrastructure's platform firmware engineering team is responsible for definition, design, and development of Server and Rack Infrastructure engineering for Microsoft's online services (Azure / Bing). We work closely with Microsoft product groups, industry partners and researchers to architect and develop server hardware solutions that meet the requirements for our cloud services platforms at the lowest possible cost of ownership (TCO).
This role will be for a highly-motivated Senior Software Engineer with a solid background in embedded system design using embedded Linux. You will be involved with all phases of product development, from design through to bring-up, manufacturing and release. We are aspiring to get agile where you will play a key role in optimizing, productizing, and deploying innovative reliable features during release cycles.
* B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering with minimum 6 years of embedded development experience or
* B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant field with 8 years of software development experience
* Proven experience and skills in C/C++ and OS internals
* Experience in developing multi-threaded applications
* Embedded hardware experience, including understanding schematics, I2C, SPI, USB, RS232/RS485 and communication protocols
* Experience in collaborating with internal and external partners to understand their requirements and translating them into solutions.
* Enthusiastic, self-driven, and attention to details.
* Detailed knowledge of core networking protocols and REST API frameworks is an added plus
* Experience with GIT, JSON, Python, Jenkins, XML is highly desirable
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team in Microsoft's Azure C+E division is responsible for delivering server infrastructure for Microsoft's online services. The hardware for operating these services (over 200 and counting), comprises of hundreds of thousands of servers spread globally and applications that reach hundreds of millions of users every day. Our customer-base is growing rapidly, our infrastructure investments are multiplying, and the size of our global infrastructure is increasing by the day - along with the scale of our challenges. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Define system architecture and specifications for cutting edge features related to server infrastructure management.
* Provide technical leadership and guidance to internal developers or external partners to deliver serviceable, reliable, and scalable solutions.
* Stress on modular design and code reuse to achieve maintainability.
* Participate in all stages of product development from bring-up, validation, productization, and sustaining.
* Collaborate with internal and external teams to find solutions that are leverageable across multiple architectures and generations.
* Contribute to product vision and roadmap by bringing innovation to server manageability ecosystem.
* Work effectively in an Agile environment following and practicing Scrum processes.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.