Our mission is to build the world's most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in communities across the U.S. navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We're hiring people who want to solve some of today's most complex problems and make a positive impact on the world.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our Simulation team! Help us create a virtual world with realistic behavior for cars, pedestrians, and motorcyclists for us to test our autonomous vehicle.
* Work on our 3D World Simulator (using Unreal engine), which will test our autonomous stack virtually and increase the quality and scenarios the stack is exposed to
* Work on modifications to Unreal Engine in areas of rendering, physics, sensor emulation, and simulations
* Optimize GPU performance
* Interact with our QA & Autonomous Vehicle engineers to implement new features and improve the usability of our Simulator
* Proficiency in writing modern C++ for commercial products
* Experience with Unreal Engine, Unity 3D, Vulkan, OpenGL or similar
* BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, or similar discipline
* Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
* Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
* Experience with writing GPU code, shaders, or 3D rendering tools
* Extensive experience with low level graphics APIs
* Extensive experience with fine grain CPU and GPU optimizations
* Experience working with Technical Artists and animators
* Strong interest in documentation, clean design and user experience
* Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your work station
* Lunch, snacks, and dinner
* Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.