Do you want to be at the leading edge of the big data transformation of a billion dollar media company? Do you want to help cultivate a petabyte-scale data platform and develop innovative new data services that will lead in the new era of publishing?
Hearst Magazine Media is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Pattern & Shape initiative, a new, innovative B2B insights project that will leverage Hearst first party data, 3rd party partner data and client data to generate disruptive insights for our advertising clients, initially serving the fashion and luxury verticals. With leading U.S. print and digital brands like Harper's BAZAAR, Elle, Esquire and Marie Claire, we benefit from a global leadership position in fashion and luxury, which we will leverage to provide a disruptive data and insights to better inform the media and marketing efforts of our advertising partners.
The Hearst Corporation is one of the nation's largest diversified media and information companies. Its major interests include magazine, newspaper and business publishing, cable networks, television and radio broadcasting, Internet businesses, TV production and distribution, newspaper features distribution, business information and real estate.
As a member of the Pattern & Shape team, this role will be building web solutions using modern technologies like Python, Node, React, and GraphQL with a microservice architecture built on AWS and Kubernetes. Our ideal candidate is a passionate, innovative, and enterprising software engineer who is eager to learn and contribute to a fast-paced new initiative within Hearst.
Development of new microservices to build B2B application.
Data engineering and transforming large datasets for high-performant use.
Experiment with emerging technologies related to Big Data initiatives for the Hearst Data Warehouse platform.
Working with business units to translate business problems to actionable code.
Qualifications and Experience:
* 2+ years of Python experience and experience with Django or Flask frameworks
* 2+ years of React or other js library
* Microservices architecture
* RESTful or GraphQL APIs
* Agile (Scrum)
* Database performance tuning / caching strategies
* Linux, Docker, AWS
* A degree in Computer Science or a related field or experience working in a start-up.
* Experience or interest in data science disciplines including machine learning, modeling, and NLP
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment as we innovate and iterate on a new product.
* Experience building large-scale B2B applications.
Hearst publishes monthly magazines.