SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - FULL STACK DEVELOPER
Team: BT in the Americas
Location: Boston, MA (Braintree office)
Denver, CO (Westminster office)
Dallas, TX (Dallas office)
Atlanta, GA (Vinings Office)
Existing authorization to work in the United States is required. Relocation support for this position is not currently available.
Why this role matters:
BT's purpose is to use the power of communication to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work in a dynamic team for creating innovative solutions, main activities and responsibilities include:
* Lead technical design of new applications or enhancements to existing applications
* Digest requirements from product team and participate in high level design of applications/features with focus on high availability, performance, and scalability.
* Raise and discuss trade-offs of different design approaches and write detailed design documents.
* Implement solution from coding to testing to production deployment support.
* Follow agile process and participate actively in all development phases.
* Mentor other developers through design and code reviews
* Proven experience with object oriented software development in Java and Vanilla JS
* Experience or knowledge with modeling, producing and consuming web services based APIs (RESTful or SOAP based)
* Proven experience with frontend and backend (i.e. full stack) systems development
Highly Desirable Skills
* Knowledge on or experience with agile development (e.g. using Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, etc.)
* Experience with Java Frameworks (Spring, Guice, CXF, etc)
* Knowledge on Web Technology (HTML4/5, CSS2/3, LESS, Sass, etc.)
* Knowledge on or experience with relational databases (SQL)
* Knowledge/experience on ES2015
* Knowledge on or experience with NoSQL databases
* Familiarity with Linux environment for development and support
BS technical degree preferred
Existing authorization to work in the United States is required
Why choose us?
BT in the Americas is a leading expert in managed networked IT services, operating globally and delivering locally. We work for 8,500 organizations, such as Nestle Purina, BMW, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Heinz, PepsiCo, Bristol-Myers Squibb, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Fiat- Chrysler, Microsoft, NATO, NYSE, Thomson Reuters, Unilever, Volkswagen, Volvo and many more. By combining products and services with industry-specific solutions and consulting expertise, we deliver efficient and secure systems to our customers.
BT has had a presence in the United States for more than 30 years. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, we have more than 3000 professionals, with offices in over 35 key cities across the US, Canada and Latin America. BT owns and operates its own network infrastructure in North America. This includes nation-wide reach to all major US cities with MPLS nodes across the US, making up one of the larger MPLS networks of any carrier in the region. This expanded footprint enables us to reach over 80% of key customer sites, as well as extending coverage beyond the US with MPLS points across the region.
BT sets high standards for its employees, but also strives to provide a work environment and culture that fosters health and wellbeing. Above and beyond your base salary, annual bonus and full comprehensive benefits, BT offers high deductible health plans that empower employees to make good health care decisions, with the ability to use funds from a health savings account - to which BT contributes - that the employee manages and controls. In addition to a generous vacation allowance, all employees receive an additional 3 paid days per year to volunteer in their communities.
BT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.