SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - FULL STACK & DATABASE ADMINISTRATION
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join a team working on mission critical software and databases which are used by everyone at SpaceX to design, build, test and launch rockets. In this role, you would be responsible for full stack applications development as well as a focus on database administration efforts including optimization, tuning, monitoring, and automation. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems across a wide range of technologies and isn't afraid of learning new technical skills on the job as the business evolves.
* Build enterprise-wide software solutions using various tech stacks
* C#., NET, SQL, HTML, CSS, AngularJS, TypeScript
* Python, PostgreSQL, Linux
* Develop code for automation of tasks in T-SQL, PowerShell, and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
* Set up database architecture, monitoring, tuning, and disaster recovery
* Develop stored procedures and optimize poor performing queries
* Own all aspects of software engineering and product development
* Act as a responsible engineer for various software products
* Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo
* Deep dive into your users' problems, find efficient solutions
* Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 4+ years in software engineering, OR 6+ years in software engineering without a degree
* 2+ years of experience developing across a full-stack: web server, relational database, and client-side/front-end
* 2+ years of experience in database administration with SQL Server or Oracle RDBMS
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* 5+ years of experience in web applications development
* 5+ years of experience as a database administrator
* Experience with SQL Server or Oracle RDBMS
* Experience with T-SQL, query optimization, and database automation
* Experience with Always On Availability Groups and SQL Failover Clusters
* Focus on performance bottlenecks and performance improvement techniques
* Experience optimizing applications for performance and scaling web applications
* Professional experience with multiple programming languages such as C#, Python, and Java
* Proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable systems
* Deep understanding of object oriented programming and design principles
* Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring
* Solid understanding of UI/UX design to provide intuitive applications
* Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
* Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.