Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Do you love building software or tooling to automate manual processes? Does the thought of those tools empowering thousands of other engineers make you excited to come to work each day? Do you want to run all your infrastructure in the Cloud? Are you the disruptor that pushes the envelope through innovation and new ideas? How about doing this in an organization that sees DevOps and automation as a competitive advantage with leaders that understand how to support this work? If this sounds interesting, we want to talk to you!
The Capital One Tools Engineering team is looking to hire a Full-Stack Software Engineer, who is passionate about software development using CI/CD principles, to be part of the team that builds and maintains a centrally-supported set of tools used by our engineering community to accelerate software delivery within our company. This includes the VCS, Configuration Management, and CI/CD platforms that are used across the enterprise, such as GitHub, Artifactory and Chef.
* Build elegant and scalable capabilities for our software delivery platforms, with a strong focus on the developer experience, engineering excellence and software craftsmanship.
* Automate routine or repetitive tasks with high-quality and well-tested scripts/tooling.
* Practice a "You Build It, You Own It" philosophy, while demonstrating empathy for other software engineers and offering solutions when issues occur in our tools (i.e. troubleshooting failed builds, diagnosing issues in Dev, QA or Prod environments).
* Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other engineers.
* Encourage innovation, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
* Bachelor's degree or military experience.
* At least 2 year experience in programming language (Go / GoLang, C# or Java), or alternatively in front-end development using AngularJS web framework.
* 2 years of experience as a software developer using test-driven development to write code and building it using a CI/CD pipeline with maintainability and extensibility.
* 1 year of experience using Python or Ruby to create tools/scripts.
* 1 year of experience in AWS, including professional experience building, configuring and deploying mission-critical applications using EC2, RDS, S3, ECS, and Lambda with resiliency and scalability in mind.
* 1 year of experience in Agile environment (Scrum/Kanban).
* 1 year experience with configuration management and infrastructure automation tools (Chef or Ansible, plus Terraform or CloudFormation) to build multi-tier infrastructure stacks in the Cloud.
* 1 year experience working with build tools and container runtimes (Jenkins, Docker).
* 1 year experience with diagnosing networking issues for distributed systems in the cloud or application performance monitoring, or advanced knowledge of various utilities for Linux troubleshooting.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.