With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World's Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World's Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We've been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you'll be part of an organization that's committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
We are looking for a senior software Engineer with Java/J2EE, .Net and BI skills, Big data experience in leading application development supporting business objectives while demonstrating independence in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing and deployment.
* Lead new and existing applications along with enhancements to web applications, services and infrastructure, BI applications.
* Perform hands-on coding while designing end to end n-tier application and integration with BI tools.
* Serve as a liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas.
* Provides technical guidance to junior programmers and other software engineers.
* Provides work breakdown and efforts estimates, timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities in projects
* 5+ years of proven experience in software development and system maintenance
* Demonstrated experience with N-tiered applications, multi-tier architecture, web and search architectures
* Experience with multi-threading, memory management, performance tuning, various databases, Big Data
* Proficient experience and understanding in the following technologies: Java, J2EE, .Net, Spring Hibernate, Unix/Linux, Tomcat, WebSphere, REST, SVN, GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Chef, CodeDeploy
* 2+ years of BI development with Tableau or Spotfire or Power BI
* 4+ years of experience with database technologies like SQL server, Mongo DB, NoSQL etc.
* 2+ years exposure to Big data environment, working on real-time streaming and analytics
* Experience in setting up AWS environment, working on lambda functions is a plus.
* Hands on Web Development technologies using Angular Js, React Js, HTML5/CSS3, and Responsive web designs.
* Exposure to messaging services, search services
* Conversant with Agile and scrum methodologies
* Excellent understanding of design patterns, object-oriented design concepts and software development processes and methods.
* Excellent communication and organization skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex applications.
* Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
About Verisk Analytics
Verisk Analytics is a data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, healthcare, financial services, government, and risk management.