Cubic Global Defense
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Performs complex software engineering assignments. Provides technical guidance and leadership. Provides project coordination and supervision. Coordinates activities for proposals/new business. Defines budget and schedule constraints. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs. Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations.
* Participates in the design, development, planning modification and/or improvement of software systems in accordance with Cubic engineering procedures.
* Researches programming system failures and designs and programs solutions. Performs complex analysis of design programming.
* Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs, specifications and test plans for systems and advanced technology theory and knowledge.
* Coordinates and contributes to compilation and writing of proposal documents. Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedules and technical approaches.
* Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment. Defines test schedules and test data requirements. Test and documents results.
* Prepares and develops software, codes software and design specific enhancements.
* Maintains liaison with the customers, coordinators, subcontractors and vendor representatives.
* Conducts in-House design reviews and technical meetings. Makes presentations before management and customers.
* Monitors project status and progress and measure system performance.
* Keeps abreast of improvements in software engineering. Identifies software engineering process improvement and supports the execution of them across the organization.
* Provides mentorship to junior engineering staff.
* Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Ideal candidate will have strong troubleshooting skills, ability to support rapid proto-typing and thrive in a fast-paced dynamically changing environment.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
About Cubic Corporation
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.