Senior Software Engineer San Francisco, CA
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Our Engineering team is architecting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so people can get back to living and doing their best work.
The heart of Dropbox is engineering; the heart of our engineering team are our Senior Engineers, who set the tone and pace of engineering at Dropbox. Senior Engineers work at a cross-team or cross-engineering scope, driving impact felt by hundreds of Dropboxers and millions of customers. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute in a multitude of ways, from architecting phenomenal systems, creating and encouraging good software development practices, driving strategic technical improvements, and mentoring other engineers.
Dropbox is a unique opportunity to work with best-in-class engineers on very large engineering problems, but in an environment with small teams and abundant opportunities for personal impact and growth.
* You will ensure your team delivers extraordinary output
* You will continuously seek ways to make a substantial impact
* You will set direction for the team and help guide engineering vision
* You will architect important systems and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
* You will write code as we expect our technical leadership to be in the trenches alongside junior engineers, understanding root causes and leading by example
* You will mentor engineers, both junior and senior
* You will own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions within Dropbox
* BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
* 9+ years of professional software development experience
* Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with one or more area of deep knowledge and experience
* Proven track record of senior technical leadership at a company with a strong engineering culture
* Experience setting technical strategy for a large or important company initiative
* Strong knowledge of shipping impactful and complex software projects
* Ability to set technical and cultural standards for engineers
Benefits and Perks
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud and client software.