Our client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help enrich and scale its industry-changing platform. We are looking for problem solvers who are passionate about building robust technology to change industries.
Our client is an NYC and San Diego based fintech company that is redefining the way investors and advisors access alternative investments. By combining deep expertise in financial services with best-in-class technology, our team is delivering solutions that introduce efficiency and transparency to an operationally-intensive industry. You will work on a product that empowers investors and advisors to evaluate alternative investment opportunities, seamlessly subscribe to new investments, and monitor performance through a simple, intuitive interface.
You will be exposed to a wide array of the technologies used in a data-driven, fast-growing company along with the latest financial technologies that power the world's largest financial institutions. We develop code in a fast-paced and iterative environment, using agile to quickly pivot to the needs of our clients. Our tech stack is composed of Python and Django on the back-end and AngularJS and ReactJS on the front-end.
What You'll Do
* Work closely with out product team to strategically solve business problems
* Deeply learn and understand our product and client-base
* Write scalable, testable, and maintainable code
* Strategically pay down tech debt
* Champion initiatives and projects to the team
* Mentor fellow Engineers on best practices, architecture, and problem solving
* Provide senior guidance to more junior engineers during the development process
* Stay up to date on relevant new technologies and methodologies
* Code review using high-quality coding standards and methodologies
Who You Are
* Strong coder passionate about solving problems
* Excited to use technology to solve business problems
* Have a high bar for quality, but understand the realistic trade-offs needed to deliver a solution
* A mentor who enjoys to help guide more junior team members toward the best solution
* Committed to team development and knowledge sharing
* Can take a concept from brainstorming to release
* Able to give and receive constructive feedback
* Open-minded and aware that there are many ways to solve a problem
What You've Done
* 5+ years experience as a Software Engineer
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline
* Strong back-end skills with Python and Django/Flask/Pyramid or Ruby and Ruby on Rails
* A deep understanding of ORMs and their impact on relational database
* Basic Front-End skills using a modern framework
* Designed and built REST APIs
* Relational database development - familiar with MySQL/PostgreSQL (Mongo / Redis)
* Deeply understand OO design and CS concepts
Andiamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.