As a Senior Engine Programmer on the Spotlight Team, you will work closely with top game developers to really push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity. You will implement new Unity features, or optimize current features in conjunction with our partners. You will work with many different teams so you should enjoy meeting new people, and be prepared to travel. This is a great opportunity to contribute to high-quality projects without being tied to the 2-3 year development cycles that typically involves.
You are an experienced engine programmer that also has an interest in working on content and has an eye for quality. You strive to extract every last piece of performance from our target platforms and aren't happy unless content creators have intuitive and efficient tools and workflows.
* Work with external team to create high-end showcases for Unity
* Develop features, workflows or tools as needed in collaboration with our partner teams
* Optimize systems and tools to work smoothly with massive data sets
* AAA game development experience with several titles shipped on PC or Console
* Experience managing small teams, or a willingness to step up into a managing role
* Excellent and current programming skills. C/C++, C#
* Performance-minded development and optimization skills
* Strong multithreaded programming skills
* Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
* Experience with Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engines
* Ability to travel to visit partners or other Unity offices
* Experience with building and optimizing animation systems
Who we are
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving - from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualization and shopping - democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Today, Unity has expanded to over 15 international offices and has employees in 23 countries. Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit and it isn't enough to be able to do the job- we're looking for people that color outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
About Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies is a computer software company that offers end-to-end development platform for creating 2D, 3D, VR, and AR games and apps.