Senior Software Engineer
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) is one of four L3 business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small UASs, affordable radar systems, weapon systems, and RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We've earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology, join us.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for analysis, design, development, testing and integration of software.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Design, document, and develop software for embedded systems in accordance with the Mustang Software Development Process and Procedures and coding standards and guidelines.
* Work with Systems Engineering to develop software requirements from system requirements
* Participate in the development of the software architecture and software design
* Participate in design efforts including software architecture, software design/code reviews, algorithm architecture alignment review, and FPGA interface and Memory mapping
* Participate in estimating efforts for programs
* Present designs in internal and external program meetings
* Assist in developing build scripts
* Monitor program TPM's, including timing, sizing, and throughput requirements
* Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
* Other duties as assigned
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science. Master desired
* A minimum of 7 years of experience as a Software Engineer
* U.S. Citizenship
* Must have an existing DoD secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain additional clearances
* Experience designing technical software solutions, and integration experience
* Interfacing with custom hardware
* Experience with Device Drivers
* Experience with Interrupt Driven Systems
* Experience with Matlab
* Experience with integrating embedded software on Digital Signal Processors and interfacing with FPGAs
* Fluent in C/C
* Ability to lift up to 20lbs and travel up to 10%
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.#LI-RL1
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.