The Senior Software Engineers eCommerce partners with both the business and technical teams to innovate and deliver new features and enhancements for the eCommerce platform. This position focuses on the design, development, and support of on-line, customer facing, eCommerce business solutions.
The Senior Software Engineers eCommerce create and/or modify moderate to highly complex solutions that meet the expectations of stakeholders. They have a good knowledge of backend frontend development and microservices.
* Design, develop and support eCommerce projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
* Deliver high-quality code, in accordance with standard methodologies
* Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
* Work with engineers and other cross functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet eCommerce market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
* Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
* Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
* Support site rollouts and be available to resolve site issues
* Develop industry and product technical expertise
* Solid Linux proficiency
* Champion of API and microservice best practices
* Proven track developing and deploying substantially complex websites
* Server-side development and database experience is critical (JSON-based REST APIs, Java, Couchbase, Mongo, MySQL, Spring)
* Strong knowledge in writing web services (SOAP/ REST / XML/ JSON) and web application development.
* Knowledge and experience in NoSQL database systems including Couchbase, Mongo and Redis
* Understands the importance developing solutions that meet operational goals and are supportable in a large-scale production system
* Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
* Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
* Proficiency in building reusable components and moduls
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.