In Microsoft, we built Bing as the second largest search engine in the world, with ~400 million users every month and ~24% US market share. Bing is one of the biggest and the most sophisticated AI product in the industry, in terms of data scale, user volume, revenue and algorithm complexities. We apply AI techniques (machine learning/deep learning, NLP, computer vision, recommendation, etc.) extensively to understand contents and user queries, build a comprehensive and rich knowledge graph, and provide relevant answers to user queries, with text, voice and visual user interfaces. Besides continuing to improve search qualities in Bing, we are also developing a new product to offer search and recommendation as a cloud service to 3rd party customers, whether it's at work in an enterprise setting, a news site, a travel blog website, or a mobile app.
For this purpose, we are building a new team, Bing Open Search Relevance team, to work on the following:
* Understanding customer's unstructured documents through machine reading comprehension (MRC), document classification, entity/topic extraction, etc.
* Understanding customer's structured documents through automatic schema alignment, entity embedding, etc.
* Understanding user queries through spell correction, query rewriting, domain/intent classification, slot detection, entity resolution, etc.
* Ranking search results through learning to rank, reinforcement learning, etc.
* Enabling instant answers for QnA through unstructured and structured documents.
* Providing personalized recommendation of documents and entities through content-based and collaborative filtering methods, reinforcement learning, etc.
* Building self-serve developer tools to enable data onboarding and model training/evaluation/deployment.
* Graduate degree in CS, EE or equivalent.
* Proficient in programming languages C#, Java, Python, C++, or similar.
* Strong coding, problem solving and data modeling & analysis skills.
* Passionate and self-motivated.
* Ability to ship production features in a fast-paced startup environment.
* Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Customer/end result driven in design and development.
* Experiences in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), information retrieval, recommendations, and data mining.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Working closely with customers to build what they need and not what we think they might need.
* Researching and evangelizing new technologies.
* Participating in the development of data collection, model training and inference pipeline, and training/evaluating machine learning models.
* Developing, refining, and evaluating online and offline product metrics.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.