The mission of the Publisher Products Engineering team is to build a suite of products and make Xandr the platform of choice for digital, TV and video publishers and make Xandr a must-buy global, digital, omni-channel marketplace for the world's largest marketers. This is a backend engineering role focused on a critically important area of investment for Xandr Technology.
Our real-time ad serving platform is a large-scale distributed platform operating under strict real-time constraints, responding to and executing real-time, dynamic auctions in less than 100 milliseconds. In the past few years, we've grown from processing 300k QPS to over 5 million QPS for an approximate total of 100 billion requests per day. These events generate more than 150 TB of new data every day. Engineers work on the real-time components to optimize our software for performance, space, and algorithmic efficiency.
About the job:
You'll design and implement solutions that span multiple applications on the real-time ad serving platform, are high quality, require hard real-time constraints, are easy to operate and maintain, and make the lives of product engineers easier. You will contribute to various parts of the sell side platform and allied areas. You will work closely with other engineers and our product teams, to not only make these systems go faster and handle more and more data, but also to build revolutionary new products for our clients.
* 5+ years of experience as a professional software developer
* Experience using either C, C++, or Java, with excellent and creative problem-solving abilities
* Experience building high performance, multi-threaded, distributed systems and applications, preferably in a Linux environment
* Experience practicing advanced optimization techniques
* Experience with real-time data processing engines, ultra-low-level, and low latency systems is preferred
* Excellent Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc
* Experience providing mentorship and guidance, including code reviews, training, and feedback
More about you:
* You are passionate about enabling customer success
* You are focused on building high-quality, intuitive products
* You are passionate about learning and teaching
* You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others
* You view processes as a means and not an end, preferring lean or automated approaches to ensure quality and productivity
* You are not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking to improve how things are done and what is built
Job ID 1929850-1 Date posted 06/10/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.