Sirius Xm Radio Inc.
Location: Irving, TX
SiriusXM is looking for a strong collaborative team player to work within our 24x7 streaming infrastructure DevOps Team, specifically focusing on scalable deployments of both infrastructure and security as code. This position will be administering, maintaining and supporting applications, hardware and configurations deployed across Sirius XM's streaming infrastructure. Candidate will perform a wide variety of software/hardware configuration/maintenance and operational support tasks of many varied back end systems, including, but not limited to, Linux server OS/software, server class hardware, AWS Infrastructure, Postgres/SQL databases and various application servers, as well as many Apache technologies: Cassandra, Hadoop, Kafka, etc. Candidate will be responsible for active monitoring of environments, working with development teams to ensure uptime/stability. The position is considered to be on-call and the candidate will be expected to ensure the coverage of frequent after-hours deployments/maintenance windows. This position is an individual contributor/hands on role. The position focuses on streaming deployment and security architecture within the SiriusXM streaming areas. This also includes expanded responsibilities surrounding all infrastructure support including application monitoring, software build machines, and software support servers. The candidate should have a penchant for solving tough technical problems, and a dedication to ensuring high-availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Administer Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure.
* Create and maintain AWS Cloud Formation Scripts, ECS, EC2, etc.
* Collect, monitor and analyze systems performance data for improved performance: Splunk, ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
* Perform custom application maintenance, including debugging through logs, installing new application releases, patching, etc.
* Develop, document and maintain procedures for administering, maintaining, and supporting infrastructure.
* Create automated tasks with shell scripts (bash, python).
* Monitor and understand security events with WAFs, IDS/IPS, and access logs.
* Install, configure, and administer Linux/Windows Servers.
* Perform networking (TCP/IP) configuration including Firewall ACL's and security.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering, information sciences technology, related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
* Minimum of 7 years of IT/engineering experience.
* 1 year in a 24x7 support environment.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Must be able to design, implement and support solutions based on the needs of the business and based on industry professional and security best practices.
* Work independently as part of a team, including cross-functional teams.
* Exhibit excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Interface with a multitude of diverse personalities in a professional and consistent manner.
* Identify problems, recommend solutions and perform triage in a team environment.
* This position requires 24x7 availability for support and after hours work in order to support the availability and uptime requirements of the business.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience with virtual infrastructure and support (VMWare/AWS).
* Must be familiar with most flavors of Linux/Windows.
* Linux knowledge in a virtualized environment is required.
* Proficient with a terminal in a Linux or Window environment.
* AWS experience and certification(s) a plus.
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect, SysOps Admin, or Advanced Networking.
* Experience with deployment of applications/code.
* Experience with development / CI applications such as Jenkins, Ansible, GitHub, etc.
* Knowledge of networking concepts.
* Proficiency in managing systems within multiple sites including fail-over redundancy.
* Proficiency in documentation is required.
* Experience with Active Directory and Windows Server administration is a plus.
* VM performance monitoring, capacity planning and redundancy planning
* Server Hardware configuration, installation, and maintenance experience
* Understanding of Internet security best practices.
* CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Ansible, Puppet, Chef
* Apache technologies: Hadoop, HDFS, ELK, Spark, Tableau, Zookeeper, Kafka, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, etc
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius Xm Radio Inc.
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.