As a Senior Software Engineer at Qualys, you will be an integral member of the DevOps team whose responsibility includes prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable release and deployment automation pipeline.
* Co-develop the automation pipeline that is responsible in managing the configuration of different production environments
* Build domain specific languages for the automation pipeline that can be used by internal product teams
* Prototype, design and develop tools that could release software changes with high velocity and confidence
* Enhance the automation pipeline to support multiple public cloud providers and Qualys owned private cloud providers
* Research, evaluate and adopt next generation technologies
* Produce high quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future
* 6+ years hands-on experience with developing SaaS based software products and solutions for service oriented deployments in public (AWS, Azure, Rackspace, etc.) or private clouds.
* Strong Java programming skills including object oriented design, prototyping, development, testing, profiling, etc.
* Knowledge of JVM concepts like garbage collection, heap, stack, profiling, class loading, etc.
* Experience with development of automation tools that helped with improving productivity
* Strong analytical and debugging skills
* Strong in data structures and algorithms
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Applied Math or related field
* Experience with RDBMS systems (preferably Oracle)
* Experience with NoSQL databases (preferably Cassandra)
Bonus Points if you have:
* Built an automation pipeline from the ground up
* Experience with developing plugins for Jenkins
* Experience with developing plugins for Atlassian tools
* Experience with developing plugins for Gradle
* Experience with developing binary plugins for Ansible in Golang
* Experience with container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes etc
* Experience with monitoring tools such as Graphite, Grafana and Prometheus
* Experience with Hashicorp technologies such as Consul, Vault, Terraform and Vagrant
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
* In-depth experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
* Exposure to Maven, Ant or Gradle for builds