Cloud computing is the next big thing, it is the wave of the future. Most new software being built today is for the cloud. Today, there is a limited pool of people who know how to build and operate cloud-native applications. Microsoft's Identity division is at the center of Microsoft's cloud strategy, we build and operate authentication and authorization services that are used by the millions of Windows, Office, XBOX and Azure users worldwide. In the mobile-first cloud-first world the sign in experience is the front door for building closer customer relationships, supporting smoother commerce transactions and keeping people safe.
The identity division is a customer focused organization with an emphasis on security, a great user experience and high reliability. If that sounds like the right environment for you, please join us!
The Developer Experience team's mission is to help developers to easily add authentication to their applications that work with work/school accounts, or personal accounts as well as consumer accounts offered through Azure B2C, regardless of platform and language preference.
* 5+ years of software development experience
* Expertise in building scalable server applications and reusable modules in the Typescript and Node ecosystems using npm, webpack and other popular open source tools
* A track record of technical leadership delivering highly secure, reliable and maintainable code
* Experience in development of distributed and scalable services / applications
* Highly motivated, self-starter and team player
* Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment is a plus
* Ability to mentor and teach other developers
* Ability to advocate for both the customer and the technology
* Participate in creating the roadmap for the team by understanding customer pain points and needs
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Develop and foster strong relationships with developers on multiple engineering teams within the Azure Identity division to collaborate on experience development
* Seek opportunities in our day-to-day workflow to improve quality and efficiency from ideation to deployment
* Use your experience with a broad range of technology stacks, platforms and workflow tools to do your best, most efficient work and teach others to do the same
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.