Mimecast is looking for experienced mid-level to Senior Core Java Software Engineers to join the DB Services engineering team. The ideal candidate will share a passion for tackling complexity with simplicity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. We are looking for someone who thinks that searching for a needle in a haystack can indeed be exciting and not afraid of exploring unconventional solutions.
* Building high-performance, massively-scalable, always-available Cloud-based systems.
* Participating in the architectural design, innovation and development of new services within the Mimecast platform.
* Developing, deploying and managing software across the full Continuous Delivery life-cycle.
* Supporting and trouble-shooting, occasionally outside of regular office hours when needed.
* Leading and mentoring other engineers as well as liaising with other parts of the business.
* Work with the infrastructure team to optimize hardware and software integration.
* Perform role whilst working toward the goals and objectives of the business.
* Provide Hands-on problem solving with a willingness to do whatever it takes to complete an objective.
* Wisely develop practical solutions, sometimes even at the expense of purity.
* Plan and negotiate with peers to meet deadlines.
* Encourage others to perform at their best embracing 'best practice'.
* Manage your own time and priorities, without the need for micro-management.
* 5-10 years of deep subject matter expertise in Java programming and runtime environments
* Expert knowledge developing and debugging distributed applications
* Solid experience with concurrency, multi-threading, server architectures, and distributed systems.
* Outstanding Core Java development skills, understanding Java Ecosystems and internals.
* Highly competent and deep knowledge in Core Java Libraries
* Confident development skills with relational databases ideally PostgreSQL (will consider others MySQL...)
* Understanding and practical application of unit testing and integration testing.
* Understanding continuous deployment and SCMs, such as SVN or Git
The ideal candidate would have knowledge in most of the following:
* Extensive knowledge of large storage systems, distributed storage systems and file system internals, Big Data highly advantageous
* Extensive knowledge of operating system internals, file system internals and memory management
* Knowledge of email messaging and security high advantageous
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server environments
* Experience with scripting languages like Ruby, Bash and/or PowerShell.
* Experience with network programming and protocol including SOAP, REST, HTTP and raw TCP/IP sockets - highly advantageous.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.