Data at massive scale is at the heart of Unity. It is data that allows our developers to analyze and improve their games, and it is data that allows our developers to monetize all their hard work. Our Data Platform Team empowers customers internal and external through data - data about the games and the hundreds of millions of people who play them. Our team aims to provide a highly scalable data collection and processing system, track relevant metadata and statistics, and provide multiple consumption modes tailored to customer use cases.
We work closely with machine learning experts and data scientists to extract as much value as possible from our data. You will be working on some of the most interesting and challenging problems with a world class team that is dedicated to providing our customers with the data they need to succeed.
* Design, implement, test, and maintain Unity's Data Platform and associated services that are capable of handling real time and batch processing for petabytes of data over events on the order of billions daily
* Work closely with customers inside and outside Unity to ensure great delivery while maintaining top notch operations within stringent SLAs
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent
* Professional software engineering experience in Java, Scala, or similar languages with an emphasis on data-structures and high performance
* Experience with open source big data technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, Presto, Spark, Kafka, Druid
* Experience with at least one and ideally multiple public cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure
* Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform, Salt etc.
* Experience with Flink, Beam, Dataflow
* Deep, multi-faceted appreciation of how complex stream processing systems are designed and operated
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world's most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and - working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft - ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Unity Technologies is a computer software company that offers end-to-end development platform for creating 2D, 3D, VR, and AR games and apps.