Senior Software Engineer - Data Engineer Specialist
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more.
The Communication Safety team is responsible for keeping the communication on our platform safe and civil. Today over 10,000 chat messages per second are exchanged by players and algorithmically monitored for topics ranging from profanity and bullying to scams. We work on distributed systems, NLP models, feedback mechanisms and data pipelines to improve the quality and speed of our filtering technology.
We are looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer - Data Engineer Specialist to join the team.
* Comfortable making systemic changes across languages/frameworks while understanding the downstream impact
* Able to navigate an uncertain path towards a clear, but audacious, goal
* A great communicator who can collaborate effectively across teams
* Quickly able to pick up new technologies
* Driven by data to find efficient and creative solutions to problems
* Experienced with designing, developing, releasing, and maintaining large products at scale
* Intrinsically motivated to identify and resolve performance issues
* Architect new systems from scratch capable of handling massive scale with global reach.
* Mentor others in your areas of strength while learning from others in areas of growth
* Provide guidance to help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
* Recognize, plan and execute the most impactful initiatives to keep players safe
You May Have:
* Have experience with technologies like Amazon Kinesis Firehose, Kafka, Hive, Presto or Athena, and ETL processes
* Have experience in research or production with ML or NLP technologies
* Have leadership experience scaling highly effective teams
* Experience with containerized services written in C#/Go/Java/Python within orchestration frameworks like ECS/K8S/Nomad
* Building the world's biggest & best user generated gaming platform
* Having a job that the 9 year-old in you has always dreamed of
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
* Rockstar status with our community
Roblox - Powering Imagination.
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.