Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Never before have information, analytics, and artificial intelligence been so important to business success. That momentum is matched with Microsoft's industry leadership and investment in empowering business transformation. In Supply Chain Engineering (SCE) at Microsoft, this role is a leadership through influence role in guiding the architecture and design of our data platform supporting Microsoft's devices business.
In a nutshell, this job is part of a focused team of engineers chartered to lead our business through their digital journey using cutting edge technology to enable automated and data driven decision making. As digital technologies transform business and customers embed more and more of these technologies into workflows, this role is far more 'innovate and incubate' on behalf of future capabilities than current steady state. It requires agility, critical and outside the box thinking, and a wealth of curiosity. This is truly a chance to shape our data driven future.
Knowledge, experience and skills
* 12 years software development/ programming experience in enterprise cloud-based data applications.
* 10 years of experience in data modeling, data design and persistence (e.g. warehousing, data marts, data lakes).
* Exposure to functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies.
* Experience with supporting BIG DATA and Hadoop.
* Experience with Big Data approaches and technologies including: Hadoop, Cloudera utilities, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Oozie.
* Experience with SQL (SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (Cosmos/MongoDB/HBase) database is expected.
* Distributed Systems experience (4+ years desired)
* Knowledge of various design patterns and technologies that enable business problem-solving at scale
* Great communication skills to drive collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
* Exposure to cloud technology stacks from Microsoft, Amazon, or Google.
* Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
* 8+ Years of experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
* Experience developing and testing computer software and/or online services.
* Strong coding, debugging and problem-solving skills
* Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming language paradigms
* Great communication skills to collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#BPSC #SCE #CSEO
* We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is ready to be part of a team that that moves fast, is willing to experiment, delivers on a continuous basis and is focused on improving the customer experience. In this position you will gain broad knowledge of all of Azure data services as well as in depth knowledge of how the services work. The ideal candidate will have experience working on cloud services, experience with developing for large scale services, knowledge of agile development practices, and experience with big data systems.
* Work closely with insights/analytics to build highly configurable, scalable, robust data processing infrastructure and applications
* Implement and productionize data pipelines and automation to support product and business needs
* Work closely with our product, data, research, and capital markets leads on data retrieval and analysis, as well as prototyping and iterative development
* You will be striving for excellence in every aspect of your job including culture, communication, quality of products, engineering practices, tools etc.
* You will be highly customer and data driven in your decision making and in influencing our teams, business and partners.
* You will embrace agile engineering practices and dev-ops culture.
* You should be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and be able to propose and execute on optimal solutions.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.