Partners Data Systems
Posted Date: Jun-26-2019
Job ID: 14650
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI's success by designing, developing, implementing, documenting and maintaining systems applications. Models and acts in accordance with REI's guiding values and mission. At REI our core mission is to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship.
Come work a highly collaborative team environment, creating customized digital experiences and features for a variety of programs including our Customer Accounts team. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design, develop and implement the next generation of features and functionality for our site as well as refactor our legacy systems to create micro services and RESTful APIs. You will get to work on a variety of projects with varying levels of complexity including: new site enhancements and customer capabilities, code refactoring, application development, new technologies, performance optimization, and incident response. You'll collaborate in a dynamic environment with REI's Interaction Designers, Information Architects, and various Software Engineers to create interactive features that deliver exceptional customer experiences. You will have the flexibility to grow your skills and explore new technical challenges on the journey towards making REI's digital experience world class.
Bring your passion and expertise
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
* 5+ years' experience in software development, with proficiency in Java EE and Spring frameworks or other platforms
* 5+ years' experience in OO design, development, testing, implementing and supporting web services
* Experience working on web platforms with many interconnected systems delivering complex functionality
* Knowledge of professional best practices for software engineering across the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Excellent Java fundamentals, some security knowledge & experience preferred
* Spring boot, REST
* Oracle knowledge is a plus
* Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEs
* Knowledge and proficiency with systems, processes and development, or technical disciplines in a specific field.
* Knowledge of line of technical solutions for line of business supported.
* Experience creating and executing implementation strategies for systems.
* Ability in all phases of technical writing for information or infrastructure systems.
* Ability to participate in on-call rotation for 24x7 service requirement.
* Experience working in an e-commerce retail environment preferred
* Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through a launch of the project
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements and describe software product features
* Ability to work closely with others within the same and different disciplines and maintain excellent verbal and written communication skills in the process (e.g. other engineers, SDETs, QA, etc.)
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception - 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it's balanced with time off to play-a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.