Email is one of the most critical communication channels for Zendesk. Our system sends and receives millions of emails a day and our customers rely on us to keep the processing times fast and maintain high outbound delivery rates. The email team is a core product group that does platform, operational, and feature work.
A typical sprint will have team members:
* Tuning the configuring of AWS services and building Lambdas for sending and monitoring outbound email
* Working with the abuse team to help manage spam
* Improving our monitoring and alerting systems to give us better visibility and decrease noise
* Building new features to improve customer and end-user experience
* Presenting work to the team or the broader Zendesk product organization
* Chasing down and fix production bugs and bottlenecks
* You are curious and love solving hard problems
* You are mature, empathetic, and have strong communication skills
* Colleagues describe your code as beautifully clean, efficient, and maintainable
* You have deep experience with at least one dynamic language, preferably Ruby
* You know your way around relational and key-value datastores
* You have experience working on large-scale, business-critical systems
* You have prior experience working on the front-end (React/Redux an even greater nice-to-have)
* You have ops experience and have worked with Docker and K8s on bare metal or VMs
* You are familiar with email standards (and how they're broken)
* You understand or have worked with SPF, DKIM & DMARC
* You have a Bachelor's (and/or graduate) degree in Computer Science or related
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk's use of your personal information.
Zendesk is a company developing a customer support ticketing system and service software.