As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for the overall development of avionics software for launch vehicle communication and networking systems. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of flight avionics systems development. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment while demonstrating personal leadership, technical excellence, and attention to detail. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Drive communications system architectures through coordination with cross-functional teams (system architects, GNC, mission operations, avionics integrators)
* Plan, design, prototype, develop, integrate, verify, qualify, and ultimately fly the software, hardware, and programmable logic for communications and networking avionics
* Develop software architectures and requirements for safety critical, fault tolerant systems
* Prototype, evaluate, demonstrate, quantify, and mitigate technical risks of various designs
* Develop flight software, including integration and verification
* Produce technical documentation for software architecture, design, verification
* Support system safety analysis: FHA, ASA, FMECA, FTA
* Identify and execute effective ways to test, verify, and qualify integrated avionics
* Improve the standards, processes, and tools used in the development of safety-critical embedded systems at Blue
* Lead by example, mentor and demonstrate best practices for junior engineers
* B.S. degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or related field
* 7+ years of relevant experience in the design, development, and testing of C/C++ for embedded systems
* Demonstrated excellence in software development, focused on developing maintainable software
* Experience with design for test, unit testing, test driven development, and test automation
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Innovative problem solving skills with an interest in spacecraft systems development
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
* Experience with networking protocols (TCP/UDP/IP), routing, modeling, simulation
* Experience with security engineering, encryption, signing, authentication
* Experience with optimization techniques for high performance systems, profiling resource utilization
* Passion for effective software testing, and mature/sustainable software development processes
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* M.S. degree (or higher) with a focus on communications or networking
* Experience designing, developing, and testing safety/mission critical aerospace flight software/firmware compliant with industry standards
* Experience developing board support packages and device drivers for RTOS or bare metal applications on single and multicore processors
* Experience developing HDL for FPGAs
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.