Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Communication Safety, Machine Learning, you'll build systems to analyze chat to promote good online citizenship and protect kids from harm. Over 15,000 chat messages per second are exchanged by the players on our platform and are monitored topics ranging from profanity to bullying.
* Track record of releasing production code
* Experience taking machine learning models from research to production
* NLP projects/interest are a bonus
* Methodical about measuring your impact and intellectually honest when judging your own work
* Not afraid of failure and willing to try hundreds of ideas before finding the best one (for now!)
* Comfortable making systemic changes across languages/frameworks while understanding the downstream impact
* Bring best practices to the team with respect to modelling, pipelines, engineering discipline and communication
* Recognize, plan and execute the most impactful initiatives to keep players safe
* Provide guidance to help define next generation standards for our ML tooling
You may (or may not):
* Have experience with frameworks like: Pytorch, Tensorflow, Keras, Scikit learn, numpy, pandas, nlty, spark etc.
* Have experience with languages like: Python, java, Go, C#, etc.
* Have experience with data tools: Athena/Presto, Hive, kinesis/kafka, redshift etc.
* Have leadership experience scaling highly effective teams
* Building the world's biggest & best user generated gaming platform
* Having a job that the 9 year-old in you always dreamed of having
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* A flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* An on-site fitness center and fitness credit program
* An annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.