* Job: 19746-MKAI * Location: US-MA-Natick * Department: Product Development
We are seeking a talented software engineer who is self-motivated and self-directed to join a team developing a cloud-based storage system for MATLAB. You will be responsible for providing robust, modular and flexible technical solutions that provide great value to our customers. This position will require excellent object-oriented design and programming skills, strong inter-personal and communication skills, while working within a global development group.
* Help ensure the team is highly productive, and continuously seeks ways to improve * Anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning, and architect solutions to address these challenges * Drive projects from inception to delivery while working effectively with other development teams to ensure a quality product for our customers * Collaborate with others throughout the organization to explore new ways to extend and use the storage platform * Participate in team activities such as team planning, design discussions, and reviews * Mentor other junior and senior engineers on the team
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Experience in Java and/or C++ * Database experience (SQL or NoSQL) * Strong object-oriented analysis & design skills * Proven track record of delivering solutions via full software development life cycle
Nice to have:
* Distributed systems * RESTful web services * Build, test and continuous integration tools, such Maven as TeamCity * Cloud infrastructure platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure) * MongoDB and/or other NoSQL technologies * Agile / Scrum * Performance analysis & optimization * MATLAB
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.