Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Services
Dallas, TX, USA
Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, is defining the future of the security industry through innovative end-to-end-solutions. We're changing the landscape of the surveillance industry through advanced award-winning AI based surveillance systems. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world and our team is advancing the field as it applies to the surveillance industry. We are proud to be industry leaders in video analytics with products like Appearance Search and Unusual Motion Detection along with our recently launched Avigilon Blue cloud service platform. You will have the opportunity to contribute to intelligent camera surveillance systems through cutting edge research and software engineering.
Avigilon's solutions have been installed in more than 120 countries at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Avigilon is seeking versatile and talented Software Engineers to join our Cloud Services team. This team is wildly passionate about all things related to the building of distributed computing and large-scale data platforms.
Our Software Engineer for our Cloud Services team works within a team of iOS, Android, and front-end and backend engineers all whom are responsible for evaluating tools and technologies, prototyping and engineering our cloud platform. Our Microsoft Azure hosted cloud platform, Avigilon Blue, transmits data in real-time from our clients' command centers and allows for immediate reviewing of analytic data occurrences which ultimately creates a safer, happier physical environment. Sounds pretty cool, right?
If you possess loads of passion for creating cutting-edge technologies (shout out to cloud computing, application development, and all things modern), have strong technical acumen, believe to work with integrity, and enjoy an excelled collaborative environment, you will be the perfect fit for Avigilon.
This position is located in our downtown Dallas office.
* Implement features and back-end services for Avigilon's cloud product (full stack development aspect, but focused on back end)
* Architect efficient and reusable back-end systems that drive complex web services
* Create cutting edge applications focused on configuration, data processing, and presentation of complex data sets through visualizations
* Software design patterns using OOP & OOD
* Exposure and collaboration with DevOps and microservice-based architecture
* Evaluate and utilize the latest concepts, tools and technologies
* Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
* 5+ years of developing and debugging with object-oriented languages - C#
* Design and develop RESTful APIs used between browsers, mobile apps and the back-end server
* Experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipeline in different environments
* Experience in cloud deployement and containers (familiarity with Azure, Docker, and Kubernetes)
* Experience in supporting and troubleshooting issues in a production environment
* Self-motivated, with the ability to learn quickly and independently, and work within a team
* Ability to see the big picture as well as having a continuous improvement mindset
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
* Familiarity with the most common Application Security Risks (OWSAP top 10 Vulnerabilities)
* Experience with security SCA tools (such as Fortify, Checkmarks, etc.)
* Ability to view system perspective and to perform thorough investigations
* Experience in frequent delivery to production
Perks of Working at Avigilon:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, eligible to participate in TechTalks, Hackathons, etc.